Saturday, February 02, 2008

Only In America...

So, I've officially been in California for 3 years as of the end of January. During that time I moved from "Associate Game Designer" to "Senior Game Designer". Just this week I gained the additional title of "Lead Designer" for our current project. Woot! :-)

We haven't announced anything yet for the project, but we'll be releasing a whole lotta info next month. Details to follow!

8 comments:

T. said...

Awesome, dude. I'm assuming that these changes in your title mean more than just new business cards.

mmrilla said...

Yay, Randy! I'm so proud of you. I always knew you rocked, but it's nice to see some acknowledgment.

tim said...

When I first read that I honestly though for a half second that you were put in charge of designing a line of lisenced miniature figurines for a tabletop skirmish version of... something or other....

Oh wait "LEAD".... I thought it said "Lead" (as in the metal...?). Silly english.

DUH!? What a dummy I am.

Perhaps I am a just a bit fixated on the toys....

Arkayne said...

t - Definitely, man. I'm getting paid a lot more for doing stuff I find interesting rather than being paid poorly for stuff that wasn't very interesting. I recommend the former if you can get it!

rilla - Thanks, Ril! You're a sweetie!

tim - That's hilarious! TUO and I laughed out loud when we read your comment! :-)

Steve said...

Congratulations!

neuba said...

Congrats Randy!! So glad your dream job keeps getting better.

Anonymous said...

I know it's not next month yet but "Game Informer also announced Champions Online yesterday, a new superhero MMO from Cryptic Studios that is, for the most part, Marvel Universe, the recently cancelled Marvel MMO."

Cat out of the bag?

Arkayne said...

steve, neuba - Thanks!

terry - Yup, that's a preview of what's to come. Check out the Game Informer mag and watch our home page next week for more info.