Friday, July 20, 2007

Diagnosis: Displaced Pelvis

I went to a physiotherapist this morning and was diagnosed with a displaced pelvis. The displacement was appravating the nerves in my lower back resulting in extreme pain. After some muscle-stretching and leg-wrenching (as fun as it sounds), the physiotherapist snapped my pelvis back into place. He's successfully treated thousands of patients with this problem over the years so the prognosis looks good for recovery based on physio treatment.

I'll still need to go into physio a couple of days each week for at least the next couple of weeks to check progress and strengthen the muscles supporting the pelvis so it doesn't go out of place again, but in the interim it should get gradually better and the lower back pain should disappear. I still am getting some shooting pains when I sit in a chair and walk around, but these should (hopefully) recede over the next couple of days as I do the prescribed back-strengthening exercises at home.

Looking forward to being painless, mobile, back at work, and NOT in a Vicodin-coma...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could I would be there to be your exercise buddy making sure you got better. You know I care.

Arkayne said...

Thanks, dude. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news. Always good to hear it's something that can be 'fixed'. Hope the physio goes well!

Anonymous said...

wow I just learned about this. glad to hear that you're ok. hope you make a quick recovery!

Arkayne said...

Thanks, guys. It gets a little better every day. I actually went back to work today, although my boss sent me home early because of the pained way in which I was walking around the office. :-(

Anonymous said...

Good gravy. What the hell did I start with that damned armwrestling contest between you and Glen Hamilton?

I swear it has been one injury after the other since then. If only I could TURN BACK TIME!

Arkayne said...

Mitch - I hear ya, man! It really did seem to go downhill from there, didn't it? You have a power not meant for mortal men!