Monday, February 19, 2007

DundraCon 2007

It's a long weekend in the US due to President's Day. was this weekend so TUO and I ended up going on Saturday (technically, TUO went a-dancin' first in the city, then joined me later).

I really do love gaming cons. There's something really nice about kicking back and seriously geeking out for a day or so in the company of other gaming geeks. Everyone is there because they love games, and no is is judging because of it. It's gaming geek solidarity - hold your dice up high!

Saturday morning I mainly spend in the dealer's room and flea market looking for deals. I ended up picking up a number of board games including HeroCard: Champions of New Olumpia (and the two expansions), HeroCard: Rise of the Shogun, Order of the Stick: Dungeons of Durokan (note my new BoardGameGeek.com widget on the sidebar). I also got a deal on a bunch of Warmachine minis and a fully painted Plague Marines army for Warhammer 40K for $75! Woot!

Saturday afternoon I met up with my good friend Brent Wolke and I ran a game of Empire of Bone. The story involved the indiscretions of Cardinal Ravenswood of the Black Church causing him to contract a virulent plague which affects both the living and the dead. The heroes were asked to track down the Typoid Mary who caused the problem which involved a brothel in London run by a Rotter named "Gummy" Johnson. Secret societies, Grims, Bonetellers - all good stuff!

Saturday evening a friend of Brent ran another Savage Worlds game called "Fliegenhusaren" which involved dragon-riding hussars set in 1755 prior to the Seven Year War. Amy played in this while I caught up with Brent, but it was a VERY entertaining game to listen in on!

Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I don't have pics to show from the con - maybe next time!

No comments: