Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Effects of Drugs on Spider Webs

Hinterland Who's Who is a series of 60-second public service ads profiling Canadian animals and birds, produced by Environment Canada in the 1960s. The distinctive refrain of flute music that each of these ads opened with, along with the deadpan style of the narrator, John Livingston, describing the animal over footage of it taken in the wild, became a widely recognized and often parodied feature of Canadian pop culture. At the end of each message, he reminds viewers, "For more information, contact the Canadian Wildlife Service in Ottawa."

Here's a parody involving the effects of drugs on spider webs:

3 comments:

Calvin Jim said...

Wow. I gotta watch my caffeine intake!!! Don't wanna get capped by some Crack Spider.

Anyway, didn't have your e-mail, so I guess I have to contact you this way. I've changed my Blog a LOT and thought you might want to update your Blogroll. I now have 2 of them (although please don't feel you have to put both on your Blogroll). The first is a General/Writing Blog (which is the one I prefer people see) and the second is the RPG Blog. Here are the addresses:

Asian Echoes (preferred link):

http://asian-echoes.blogspot.com/

Asian Shadows (RPG Blog):

http://asian-shadows.blogspot.com/

Please update your Blog Roll with one or both if you wish. Thanks.

---
Calvin Jim

Calvin Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz said...

I love that! It's so great. I got it emailed from Kurt a while back, but I laughed and laughed and actually made others watch it too. That means it's good because I don't really do forwards.