
We had our company summer picnic at Vasona Park last Sunday. Man, it was such a great day! Blue skies, warm (not hot) weather. BBQ and drinks, free swag, sports (including bocci!). Best part: it was freakin' October! I've been getting emails from friends back in S'toon and talking with family about "freezing rain!" and "4 inches of snow". Damn... California is pretty awesome! :-)
9 comments:
the fact that the title to your post is 'Summer Picnic' in the middle of October is pretty sweet!
*Jealous*
Although not as jealous as I'd could've been. The weather has been holding at 15-17 degrees for the last week... T-shirt weather, far from freezing rain and snow. However, by next week it's supposed to go to a high of 4 degrees... So we'll really hate you then. ;)
I'm wading through Calgary's uber piles of dead pretty colored leaves, putting on a larger sweater and can't help but think fondly of your summer picnic. (sigh)
I'm just a tad envious up here!
Freezing rain and 4 inches of snow? You're a big liar! (Or else whoever told you that is lying their pants off. Which isn't a good idea given that it could in fact snow any day, and pants are notoriously good to wear in the snow.) It's actually been a very nice fall here, aside from some rain giving problems to grain farmers.
None of that changes the fact that I'm jealous, of course. I want some loungin' around in shorts weather, too! I just can't drink gin and tonic unless it's hot out.
Um. Right, anonymous.
That was Sky, with the pants comment.
I just still miss you.
Well, Alan mentioned the freezing rain as he was walking to the U of S, and mom mentioned it got heavy snow near Estevan. You callin' my mom a liar? ;-)
Completely unrelated...'
But I watched the U of S vs. Regina Rams football game, and there was a running back doing very well for the Rams named 'Graham Mosiondz'.
Coincidence?
Terry: Yah, that'd be my 2nd cousin! :-)
Post a Comment