Thursday, May 19, 2005

Sunny Weather! Again...

One of the strange regional things I'm still getting used to is the sunny weather. Saskatchewan has definite seasons, with drastic shifts in weather conditions, and very few windows of really nice weather. Here... not so much. It's generally either sunny and warm, or overcast with light rain - all in all, pretty consistent!

The habit I now have to break is going, "It's nice outside! I should go outside!" It's ALWAYS nice outside, so I don't NEED to go outside and take advantage of the weather. I'm interested how I'm going to react in the fall when I start looking to the sky and waiting for the snow to fall...

4 comments:

neuba said...

It is going to be strange not having a winter.

I am not sure if I would be able to take the Christmas holidays somewhere without snow.

I am sure that you will manage. :)

Anonymous said...

Ummm...

I can't believe you're complaining that it's too nice outside! How about this, "It's nice outside, I should go out and enjoy the weather so that my Canadian friends can live vicariously through me."

And, if it were up to me, I'd send a little snow your way.

Anonymous said...

dang, that was me -- Ril

Arkayne said...

Oh, I'm not complaining! I really like the current weather! It's more that I'm half-expecting it to turn into bitter cold, blisteringly hot, or stupidly windy weather any day now, and it's just not happening. It's just weird getting used to bad/cold weather not happening at all.