One thing that I've noticed is the variety and choices for gaming down here. The first month I came down here I attended two gaming conventions: ShieldCon, a historical wargames convention, and DunDraCon, a general games convention (RPGs, minis, board games, LARPs). This month I plan to attend KublaCon (the Khan of Cons). I wish I could make it back to Flatland Fantasy back in Regina, but alas, we cannot afford such a distant trip for such a short time. :(
As for gaming stores, I have 5 within a 15 minute drive: Game Kastle, Paradox Playground, D&J Hobby, Legends of Sports & Fantasy, and of course, Games Workshop. The first two are the closest for me and have actual gaming tables, so I attend Game Kastle weekly to play Warmachine while I plan to attend Paradox Playground to play in the Warhammer Lustria: Conquest of the New World campaign.
As for running games, I've started a weekly Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay campaign, and am the campaign organizer for the Warhammer Border Princes campaign.
Needless to say, I'm happily in my gaming element!
3 comments:
And a plethora of gaming, too. Like we needed more reasons to be jealous. ;) Glad to hear you're having fun down there. =)
--W
good to here *nothing* has changed.
And yes, of course we are jealous. Boy do I miss playing with Boris. Boo Hoo!
Next time you come home to visit we will have to plan a revival of Sky's game.
Marcia
I do look forward to doing some gaming with my ol' gamin' posse when I come back to visit!
Post a Comment