Pirates!
Primarily I was there to play in my friend's Pirates! minis game. On Friday night it was a pirate hunt called "Icebergs Ahoy!" in iceberg-laden waters. The pirates had taken Davy Jone's treasure chest, and the English armada wanted it for themselves. Unfortunately, Billy Bones and Davy Jones came up from the ocean depths to recover the chest for themselves! On Saturday afternoon we played another large-scale battle called "The Battle of Squidway Island" where a dwarven armada tried to sink the goblin warship "The Goblimoto" and take control of a greenskin-controlled island.

The Battle of Squidway Island

Dwarven aircraft carrier with gyrocopters

My orcs unloading to defend Squidway
Gunfight!
Also got to try a cool western minis game called Gunfight!, another one from Flagship Games.

Awesome western town
Scairy Tales
I also had the good luck to run into my buddy Brent, another PEG writer. He was running a game of Scairy Tales, an upcoming Savage Worlds campaign set in a fairy-tale apocalypse. It's gonna be awesome! :-)

Me and Brent!
Mechaton
Finally, I got a chance to play in an upcoming game called Mechaton which involves mechs constructed from LEGO. As you blow off pieces of a mech you remove LEGO blocks. How cool is that!?!

The victorious mech amongst LEGO carnage!
4 comments:
I wanted to say congratz on the Marvel Job. I know i am a little behind but I am far away. Way to go. Best wishes
Your Pal
Mechaton sounds like a rad time! is fun, but I'd much prefer something less mini-fig-centric and in a smaller scale (as Mechaton would seem).
Mechaton sounds like a rad time! is fun, but I'd much prefer something less mini-fig-centric and in a smaller scale (as Mechaton would seem).
I can't think of anything cooler than pirates.
Except maybe a visit from you and your lovely wife. Soo looking forward to seeing you!
Post a Comment