The first game I played in was Screaming G.I.'s III, a fast-paced WWII 15mm miniatures game. The scenario was set in Libya with a combined British-American attack on a German Afrika Korps command post. I was in command of a British tank platoon consisting of Matildas and Grants who were devastated by German artillery fire and PAC-40s. Still, I took a few the Jerries with me!

British and American mechanized forces prepare for the assault

The Germans dug in at their command post

The smoking wreckages of my tanks; damn you, Jerry!
Next up was a rousing game of Pirates! by Flagship Games. Yarrrr! The scenario was a Spanish galleon attempting to escape past a ragtag collection of pirates intent on stealing the booty for themselves. I was one of the pirate ships (of course). In the end, the individual pirate captains decided it was easier to shoot each other rather than the Spanish galleon, and so the Spanish eventually escaped with the booty. Never trust a pirate!

That's me on the left 'Crossing the T'; Yarrr!

The prize! A Spanish galleon past the island fortress!

Zombie pygmies in a dugout on the far right!
The last event I played was a large-scale Napoleonics wargame based on a modified version of the Warmaster rules. I commanded a small unit of British Hussars (light infantry) out of a massive British force.
All the models were hand-painted 6mm, which made me think the owner of the armies being extremely dedicated or crazy!

The French Generals prepare for battle

My Hussars right next to the Brunswickers

The battle is joined!
I think in general I prefer the fun and quick skirmish games as opposed to the "grand tactical" battles, mainly because once you start losing, you don't have to draw it out over hours of play!
All-in-all, a fun way to spend a Saturday. Next weekend: DunDraCon 2006!
7 comments:
Looks like you had fun! I would have loved to see the pirates.
Dig the new look!
If you must know, I am playing WoW as well. Here and there, not as hardcore as some.
Oh, I don't even know if I'm going to even re-subscribe to WoW. Too time-consuming, and I'm trying to get my book done. I was just trying to get a rise out of Ril. :-)
Yeah, I know what you mean regarding time consuming.
As of today, I am limited my computer gaming to one night a week only. Just had my first major meeting with my supervisor and I have a whole lot of work to do in the next 6 months.
I think we should rename our Con, "TundraCon".
And do you really want a custom-made biography?
Heck yah I want a custom-made 'cenobyte special' biography! :-)
Post a Comment