Thursday, September 08, 2005

GenCon Indy 2005

Another year, another GenCon! I thought by now it'd start getting old, but it's still a LOT of fun! Trying new games, meeting old friends - all-in-all a great time!

GWG/PEG
It was great to see a lot of the fellow writers and friends from GWG/PEG, including Joe & Jackie, Clint & Jodi, Dave Ross, Rob Lusk, Andy Hopp, and some new faces as well.


Joe and Jackie at the COOL Axis & Allies set


Clint playing in Rob Lusk's AWESOME Sticks & Stones game!

NCSoft Seminar
While I wasn't there with work, I did stop by one of the seminars which discussed designing a game universe across multiple types of media. Here we have the panel consisting of the fellows from Eden Studios (CoH RPG), Cryptic Studios (CoH) and AEG (CoH CCG).


Co-workers: Jack (3rd), Shane (4th) and Zeb (6th)

City of Villains LARP
While I didn't play, I did stop by to take a look. People seemed to be having a blast!


T.V. Head = The Lost, of course!


Negotiations between Dr. Vahz and Bill Gates


Martial arts villain

Other Cool Stuff
Oh yes - every year they have Cardhalla, a massive display of card sculptures made from discarded CCGs. People can just show up and build what they want! At they end, everyone lines up with their coins and destroys everything - and the coins are then collected for charity! Neat stuff!


Cardhalla

Cool Costumes!
Of course, we can't forget the costumes. Some cool, some strange, some just... wow!


She's here every year!


She gave me candy!


Helloooo, nurse!


Obligatory Star Wars costumes


They're so darn cute!


Hey Drizzt! Where're your swords?


Not much left to imagination...


L5R coolness!

Every gamer should attend GenCon at least once in their lifetime. It's like the Mecca of gaming! Maybe start planning for 2006 now? :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh.

I've just got to say, that I really get a little kick out of the little descriptions you write under each photo... especially "she gave me candy."

Ah, and I'll see what we can do about getting organized for next year.

neuba said...

Sounds like it was an awesome time. And like I have said before, I will definitely have to get myself organized and attend on of these years. However, with my MBA program going for an entire year, I will not be able to get myself their next year. Hopefully, another year!

Anonymous said...

Bill Gates thanks you for the pic! (And here I was wishing I had a picture to remember the CoV larp by...)

That was an awesome larp, and an excellent example of how to involve younger players in larp.