Friday, April 22, 2005

Attack of the Killer Snails


Tharv vs. the Snails

"Slugs with good PR", Amy calls 'em. Yup, these suckers are everywhere. They mainly come out at night, leaving their little slime-trails across our walkway and drive-way. I discovered them rather by accident: I thought I stepped on a peanut or something, but alas, it was some poor snail who could not squip along fast enough to avoid death by shoe.

Now that we know they're there we try to avoid the little hard-shelled fellas, but it takes a bit of dodging and weaving down the walkway when we get home after dark.

There you have it folks; in Saskatchewan we have gophers everywhere, here we have... snails. How very Californian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"He's big for an elf!"

I bet Tharv could *easily* defeat the slime monsters.

Uh.

Maybe not as easily as you did, nor as effectively, but, you know, whatever works.

I'm willing to bet fewer livestock are lost to 'snail trails' than to gopher holes. You know, all those urban California bovines...

...on the SK side, we've started some tomatoes from seed and it's been warm enough to have them outside every day this week.

-cenobyte